I stumbled upon what seems to be the latest assessment of IEEE-RAS Technical Committee on Roboethics (the document is not dated).
This document would be handy to you if you want a concise summary on what has been done so far – and where to dig up more academic papers.
So far (within the last 3-4 years) there has been three workshops on Roboethics at ICRA:
• ICRA 2005, Workshop on Roboethics, Barcelona, Spain, April 18th, 2005
• ICRA 2007, Workshop on Roboethics, Rome, Italy, 14 April 2007
• ICRA 2009, Workshop on Roboethics, Kobe, Japan, 17 May 2009
The document also contains:
- List of outreach activities outside the RAS
- List of important publications over past 3 years in TC area
- Summary of top three technical innovations in the area
- The EURON Roboethics Roadmap
- The Korean Robot Ethics Charter
- The Strategic Research Agenda of the Coordination Action for Robotics in Europe(CARE)
Unfortunately it doesn’t have a section on upcoming activities/events, but I’ll try to keep everyone posted on that as much as I can.
For other details on the TC’s activities visit IEEE-RAS Technical Committee on Roboethics information website: http://tab.ieee-ras.org/committeeinfo.php?tcid=19